The Radical Imagination Project is thrilled to announce our new collaboration with the Tatamagouche Free School, a festival of learning, collaboration, solidarity and community. Now in its eleventh year, Free School is a four-day gathering of amazing people who share their skills, passions, knowledge and companionship to make the world a better place.
Join us for Free School 2015, August 27-30
- What: The Eleventh Annual Tatamagouche Summer Free School!
- Why: To create a radical learning environment to challenge ourselves, each other, and the powers-that-be.
- Where: Waldegrave Farm, Tatamagouche, NS
- When: 4pm Thursday August 27 to 4pm Sunday August 30
- Who: You and 99 others
- How: Register at http://freeschool.usergeneration.ca/
The Free School aims to be a radical education space that offers people tools to create a more just, sustainable, and joyful world.
From August 27-30, we will share our accumulated knowledge of matters practical, theoretical, and radical. We will also swim, discuss, listen to live music, eat amazing food (much of it grown on the premises), watch movies, and hang out with friends old and new.
Participation is limited to 100 people, so make sure to register early.
Teach and learn together
We want the Free School to be a space where we can challenge each other in a collective, radical learning environment.
If you’d like to share something you’re passionate about we encourage you to pitch a workshop. Workshops might focus on:
- History, politics, strategies, and ideas
- Sharing practical skills, know-how, and techniques
- Stories, experiences, and collaborative creativity
Propose a workshop here: http://radicalimagination.org/freeschool/
Our core themes are summed up in the three special sessions we’re planning:
- Education for Revolution
- Loving the Land with a Vengeance: Decolonizing the Commons
- Sustaining Ourselves Together: Solidarity, Community, and Radical Beauty
Get the Word Out
The Free School relies entirely on the participation of those who show up, and publicity is by word of mouth.
What it is, is up to us.
See you in August!